Dr. Dana Weiser and students in her graduate Human Sexuality course developed materials and staffed a table by the Student Union on Wednesday, April 15, to promote safe and consensual sexual behavior. The event was held in conjunction with the national Faculty Against Rape organization’s Faculty Day of Action. A detailed report on the activity is available from the Daily Toreador at this link, whereas photos of the event and the materials are available here.
Monthly Archives: April 2015
The department has received several additional awards recently, beyond the ones announced in March. The latest recipients include:
- Dr. Stephanie Shine and her colleagues in Texas Tech’s Early Head Start program, who received a large grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to team up with the Lil’ Precious Steps daycare center and serve additional children in East Lubbock. It’s one little precious step for our community, one giant leap for child-development programming!
- Dr. Jacki Fitzpatrick, who was honored as a “Raider Who Rocks” in the area of Academic Integrity.
- Dr. Elizabeth Trejos-Castillo, recognized for “Professing Excellence” by University Student Housing.
- Two students, Marisol Alonzo and Grace Mihalyov, who won awards at the annual TTU Undergraduate Research Conference. As shown in the program, Marisol worked with researchers in the College of Education’s Burkhart Center for Autism Education and Research on the study “Evaluating the Television Show Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood as a Video-Based Model to Teach Social Skills to Children with Autism,” whereas Grace’s project was entitled, “The Effects of Code-Switching on Preposition Stranding in Spanish-English Bilinguals.”
- One of our students has won the Helen DeVitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award. Check here for the awardees’ names to be made public.