An article in today’s Lubbock Avalanche Journal, the local newspaper, previews this weekend’s graduation ceremonies (link). The listing of “highest ranking December graduates for each college” shows that the six top grads in the College of Human Sciences all studied within the Human Development and Family Studies Department (either in the “regular” HDFS major or Early Childhood education). These students are as follows (with their hometowns):
- Dawn Marie Abbot, HDFS, Whitehouse;
- Meagan Lee Blair, HDFS, Pharr;
- Rachel Rene Burden, EC, Lubbock;
- Sara Elizabeth Moffett, EC, Houston;
- Kaitlyn Michelle Pinkerton, EC, Midland; and
- Olivia Diane Segulja, EC, Midland (also the College banner-bearer)
Congratulations to these students and all of our other graduates!